We are Roof AI Inc. ("Roof AI"), a Canadian registered company with a registered address at 3 Place Ville Marie Suite 400, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Our Canadian federal corporation number is 928923-2. We provide conversational Artificial Intelligence ("AI") solutions and customer service and marketing bots (our "Services"). We also operate the website available at: https://www.roof.ai (the "Website").
For the purposes of the European General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) :
- Roof AI is the Data Controller as a supplier of services, an employer, and where dealing with its suppliers;
- Roof AI is the Data Processor in respect of Personal Information about End Users of the Services, which it processes on behalf of its Customers, as explained further below. Such End Users should be notified of this processing by the Data Controller in each case.
For data protection inquiries, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information you provide us
You may give us Personal Information by:
- Interacting with our Services as an End User. This will usually occur where you make a customer inquiry to another organization, which is a Customer of Roof AI and which uses our Services to assist their customer service and marketing function. The type of Personal Information collected includes details of your account with that organization such as your name, email address; phone number; address; IP address; location; transcripts of conversations which take place using our Services (i.e. through chat bots supported by us) and any other information which you may choose to disclose when making a customer service inquiry through our Services. Note that our Services do not request or collect payment information; all payment processing is handled through a third-party payment processor.
- Using our service as a Customer of ours. Where you are our Customer or are an employee of our Customer you may provide us with Personal Information. The type of information collected includes your name; company name; business address; email address; phone number; username; password; business tax number and basic site information i.e. URL/Channel/Impression Traffic etc.
- Corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. We ask you to disclose only as much information as is necessary to provide you with our products or services or to submit a question/suggestion/comment in relation to our Website or our services or products.
- Filling in forms on www.roof.ai (our Website) such as the contact us form or through a chat bot on our Website supported by us.
- Applying to work with us. The type of information you may provide in your CV, a cover letter, your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. CVs should include information relevant to your employment history and education (degrees obtained, places worked, positions held, relevant awards, and so forth). We ask that you do not disclose sensitive personal information (e.g. gender, height, weight, medical information, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, financial data) in your application.
- Supplying us with goods or services. Suppliers may provide us with information which may include a contact name; email address; business address; and telephone number.
Information we collect from your use of Roof AI Service
Roof AI may also collect certain information from visitors to and customers of the Website and Services, such as Internet addresses. This information is logged to help diagnose technical problems, to administer our Website and in order to constantly improve the quality of the Services. We may also track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
We receive message logs and user names when End Users interact with our Customer's bot. Message logs may contain information such as, without limitation, names, email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, passwords, payment information and any other content that End Users choose to submit when they make a customer service inquiry. We may retain the content of those messages together with responses to those messages and any outcome from those messages.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, scripts and tags are used by us and our third-party partners. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Website and Services, tracking End Users' movements around the Website and our Customer's website, and gathering demographic information about our End User base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing these types of tracking technologies.
Our third-party partners also employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), images, and scripts that help them better manage content on our Website. We do not tie the information gathered to our Customers' or End Users' Personal Information.
Cookies on the Website
When you interact with the Website or Services we strive to make that experience easy and meaningful. When you come to our Website or use our Services, our web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are files that web browsers place on a computer's hard drive and are used to tell us whether customers and visitors have visited the Website or our Customer's website previously. If you click on a link to a third-party Website, such third party may also transmit cookies to you.
Standing alone, cookies do not identify you personally. They merely recognize your browser. Unless you choose to identify yourself to Roof AI, either by responding to a promotional offer, opening an account, registering for a trial, or sharing your personal information with our Bots, you remain anonymous to Roof AI. Cookies come in two flavors: session and persistent-based. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser software or turn off your computer. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you've closed your browser or turned off your computer. They include such information as a unique identifier for your browser.
Roof AI uses session cookies containing encrypted information to allow the system to uniquely identify you while you are using the Services. This information allows Roof AI to process your online transactions and requests. Session cookies help us make sure you are who you say you are when you are when using the Services and are required in order to use our Services. Roof AI uses persistent cookies that only Roof AI can read and use, to identify the fact that you are an Roof AI customer, our Customer's customer or a prior website visitor (whatever the case may be). We are especially careful about the security and confidentiality of the information stored in persistent cookies. For example, we do not store passwords in persistent cookies. Users who disable their web browsers ability to accept cookies will be able to browse our Website and our Customer's website but will not be able to successfully use our Services. End Users may be able to limit cookies used by their browsers and third parties by updating settings at: http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.youronlinechoices.eu.
How we use information we collect
We collect the Personal Information described above in order to provide our Services to our Customers and their End Users, to market our products and services, to improve our Website and to recruit staff.
We will use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To answer your Customer service questions, where you are a customer or End User of an organization which uses our Services (i.e. our customer service and marketing chat bots).
- To improve the quality of our Services. Your interactions (i.e. your conversations with our chat bots) are used to determine the effectiveness of our Services and to improve the quality of our Services; Roof AI utilizes anonymized "End User" interactions to information and train our natural language understanding and machine learning algorithms.
- The legal bases for the processing of your data should be set out in your contract with the Data Controller and details provided in the Data Controller's Privacy Notice.
- To fulfill our obligations arising from our contract with you i.e. to provide you with our Services;
- To set your company up as a customer on our systems.
- To liaise with you about projects that we are undertaking with you.
- To deliver information about our products and services, where you have subscribed to receive same.
- To ensure payment of our invoices.
- To create a candidate profile for you if you are a prospective employee.
- To administer and improve our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- As part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about services that may interest you or them;
Who we share your information with
We may share your Personal Information with our selected business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. For example, these business partners may include our web hosting provider and our IT service providers.
In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our Customers and their End Users will be one of the transferred assets.
You can find a list of subprocessors with whom your Personal Information is shared at https://www.roof.ai/subprocessors.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored in, Canada which is outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") and for which there is an adequacy decision relating to the safeguards for personal data from the European Commission. The data that we collect from you may also be transferred to, and stored at, United States of America outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") for which there is an adequacy decision relating to the safeguards for personal data from the European Commission. For information about the adequate security safeguards that have been put in place for data based in the United States of America, you can reach out to email@example.com.
The time periods for which we retain your information depends on the type of information and the purposes for which we use it. We will keep your information for no longer than is required or permitted.
Automated decision making & profiling
We use automated decision-making/profiling in the administration of the employment or contractual relationship. Roof AI uses automated decision making when deciding on the correct answer to serve based on a customer question. The exact logic of the automated decision may change based on the natural language algorithm or machine learning model employed.
Your data rights
You have the following rights in respect of your Personal Information:
- The right to access the Personal Information we hold about you.
- The right to require us to rectify any inaccurate Personal Information about you without undue delay.
As a customer of Roof AI, you have the following rights:
- The right to have us erase any Personal Information we hold about you in circumstances such as where it is no longer necessary for us to hold the Personal Information or, in some circumstances, if you have withdrawn your consent to the processing.
- The right to object to us processing Personal Information about you such as processing for profiling or direct marketing.
- The right to ask us to provide your Personal Information to you in a portable format or, where technically feasible, for us to port that Personal Information to another provider provided it does not result in a disclosure of Personal Information relating to other people.
- The right to request a restriction of the processing of your Personal Information.
- The right to address a challenge concerning the personal information handling policies and practices at Roof AI.
Where our processing of your Personal Information is based on your consent to that processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time but any processing that we have carried out before you withdrew your consent remains lawful. You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Where Roof AI is acting as the Data Processor, End Users should contact the Data Controller, i.e. the entity with which End User has a relationship, to exercise these rights.
If you are a resident of the European Union, you may also lodge a complaint with your local privacy commissioner or other Supervisory Authority with respect to our processing of your Personal Information. The local Supervisory Authority in each European country can be found here.
This section provides additional details about the Personal Information we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act (the CCPA).
For more details about the Personal Information Roof AI has collected over the last 12 months, please see the section “Information you provide us” above. We collect this Personal Information for commercial purposes described in the section “Information we collect from your use of Roof AI Service” above. Roof AI will only share this information when you make a customer service query to another organization, which is a Customer of Roof AI and which uses our Services to assist their customer service and marketing functions. Roof AI does not sell (as that term is defined in the CCPA) the Personal Information we collect.
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of Personal Information we collect (including how we use and disclose this Personal Information), to delete their Personal Information, to opt out of any “sales” of Personal Information that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at email@example.com. We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, if available, including email address. Government identification may be required. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
For data protection inquiries, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.